tlogview is a tool to visualize a log file in "tlog"
file format, which is produced by profiling OpenMP programs compiled
by the Omni OpenMP Compiler.
The initial view is determined by the longest time stamp.
In scale area, the time scale is displayed in second unit.
In log display area, each bar indicates the status for each processor.
By pointing device, you can zoom up and down to see the log file more
- Dragging a region in log display area with left button,
zoom up the selected region.
- "Zoom up" button zooms up the current log display area.
- "Zoom down" button zooms down back to the previous display area.
- "ShowColorMap" button shows the legend and colors for each event.
- "Exit" terminates the tool.
The color indicate the associated events as follows:
The duration is displayed by filled rectangle, and the event is
displayed by line.
Note that nothing appears for a sequential execution out side of
- White -- parallel region (duration)
- Red -- Barrier (duration)
- Yellow -- Critical region (duration)
- Green -- Initialize event of parallel loop. (event)
- Cyan -- Schedule event of the next chunk for parallel loop. (event)
- Magenta -- the beginning of "section" directive. (event)
- Blue -- the beginning of "single" directive. (event)
Note that when profiling is on, the execution is getting slow down due
to the overhead for getting the timing for each event.
For more information, see Profile .